Ten Websites I Can't Live Without
By Wendy Boswell from about.
- Bloglines: I spend a lot of time reading my feeds from Bloglines; feel free to check them all out (who knows, you might find YOUR blog or website on there!)
- Panddora: I've gotten my mom and my husband now addicted to Pandora. I just created another great station on there that plays Johnny Cash and like-minded artists (Tennesse Ernie Ford is on right now!).
- Dooce: Very few websites can make me laugh so hard or cry so hard that I start choking and crying and making weird hooting noises that scare my cat. Dooce does this for me every day.
- Digital Tracker Keyword Suggestion Tool: As a writer I've found Digital Tracker to be absolutely invaluable.
- GoFugYourself: Every day a new horrible fashion mistake.
- Flickr: Flickr has replaced doodling while talking on the phone for me. I just type in a search phrase and watch slideshows.
- Popurls: A mashup of something like 10 memetracker sites. A must have.
- Topix: Topix is hands down the best news site on the Web. I check this quite often throughout the day.
- Lifehacker: Gina and the gang do such a great job over at Lifehacker; I've been privileged enough to guest-edit and do some occasional features for them (that's not the reason I love it so much, but it does help!).
- Craigslist: I'm looking for a dog run and dog house right now here.
- Yahoo Groups: I've got quite a few groups that I'm involved in here, a 22Q deletion support group, a jewelry making group, a crockpot recipes (low fat!) group...